Rabu, 19 September 2012

DIRECTV 2.2.0 iOS Puts HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore on Your iPhone


DIRECTV now goes anywhere you go, according to its developers, DIRECTV, Inc. An update to the popular TV app for iPhone and iPad now offers instant access to hit entertainment anywhere you are.

That’s right! From HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore to the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies, DIRECTV 2.2.0 lets you access your favorite shows and films anywhere, not just at home.

Users can go to the “Watch on iPhone” tab located on the main screen and simply select “Movies”, “TV Shows” or “Networks” to start watching.

To watch Live TV channels on their iPhone, users are still restricted to the confines of their home and personal Wi-Fi network. 3G is also supported.

“The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the DIRECTV App for iPhone,” says the company.

“Watch top TV channels live on your iPhone or iPod touch in any room of your home. Get instant access to hit entertainment on demand from HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, and Encore, plus the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies and more, whenever and wherever you want—at home or on the go,” according to DIRECTV, Inc.

You can view recently watched programs on your iPhone and resume where you left off, and use the enhanced Search to show results as you type. The new search also displays top picks of the week, and listings of iPhone-compatible programs.

A new discovery feature has been implemented to spot “the top shows and movies that people are currently talking about.”

As with all on-demand TV apps, scheduling requires a DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (model HR20 or later or R22) and an Internet connection.

Additionally, DIRECTV subscribers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website in order to watch on-demand content and access additional functionality, such as recording.

DIRECTV is compatible with iPhone 3GS or newer running iOS v4.3 or later, and iPod touch running iOS v5.0 or later.

Download DIRECTV iOS (Free)

Via: DIRECTV 2.2.0 iOS Puts HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore on Your iPhone

1 komentar:

  1. I bet DirecTV customers are celebrating everywhere about getting to watch all of the sweet movies and original programming from HBO, Cinemax, and the like. Having access to new movies on my iPad came in handy when I visited my grandmother in Mexico last Christmas. Although it was nice spending quality time with her, she goes to bed so early, and she doesn’t own a TV. I was happy to have access to all of my channels and DVR recordings through my DISH Remote Access app. I never thought I would ever watch TV on my tiny iPad screen, but after I let one of my co-workers at DISH talk me into getting a Sling Adapter, I’ve realized how convenient it can be to watch TV on my time while I’m out of the house. I’m sure DirecTV’s customers will notice its convenience, and notice that they could really use more channels on the go.

    BalasHapus